My yoga journey:
When I first started practicing yoga my entire body hurt. I was stiff and sore from head to toe. I knew I needed to do something but I did not have a lot of extra time for an exercise routine and the thought of going to the gym was deflating at best. In 2012 I went to my very first yoga class and I was SO worried that I would not be able to do any of it because I was: sore, my body was tight, I was physically out of shape, I was depressed, I was anxious, and I was just generally feeling bad about myself. I did know this; I no longer wanted to feel this way. Immediately after my first yin yoga class I felt different, in a way I had never felt before. I felt relaxed both physically and mentally and I knew then that this was something that was going to help me feel better all around. I was so stunned by how great I felt that I knew I needed to pursue “this yoga thing” further for my own benefit.
So I did just that and here’s where that led:
- October, 2012 began practicing yoga
- May, 2014 received 200 hour YTT certification (Be Yoga, Isabelle Casey and Rachel Goldberg)
- May 2014 began teaching yoga (currently teaching eight yin yoga classes per week)
- July 2015 received 100 hour yin yoga teacher training (YYTT) certification (Paul Grilley)
- 2016 Reiki Level I & II
- 2017 Reiki Master Level
- August, 2017 Yoga and Body Image Summit Course (Yoga International)
- 2018 Biodynamic Yin (15 hours) (Cat Kabira)
In May 2018 I will complete level two of yin yoga teacher training with Paul Grilley. Upon completion, I will receive a 200 hour YYTT certification. Taking the time to relax has been tremendously beneficial to my mind, body and soul. I am here
to bring that feeling to the masses.
Free your mind and the rest will follow (EnVogue).
Canton Yoga, Fitness, and Healing - Horizon Healing Center